Shaw Vineyard Estate is a Boutique Winery established in 1998 on "Olleyville", a 700 acre fine wool producing property established in the mid 1800's. This historic property is located in Murrumbateman along the Barton Highway between Canberra and Yass.
Shaw Vineyard Estate is a family owned and operated business, producing a full range of top quality estate grown fruit has enabled Shaw Vineyard Estate to consistently make superb quality wines year after year. Located in a prime position within what is described as a cool climate region at an elevation of around 640 metres, the Estate is quite unique in that several of the sites with appropriately sloping aspects, and superb soils, have microclimates perfectly suiting the production of outstanding Cabernet.
In fact, the property with around 85 acres under vines including Riesling, Semillon, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Shiraz, provides Shaw wines with its entire production, and can lay claim to the fact that they produce 100% Estate grown wines. In just a few short years, Shaw Vineyard Estate wines have already been recognised with 10 trophies and a swag of gold, silver and bronze medals from various Australian and International wine shows.
Our wines have received outstanding reviews and awards in Australia and Internationally, some of the major awards are:
- Trophy - 2009 Premium Merlot, NSW Small Winemakers Awards 2011
- Trophy - 2008 Semi Sweet Riesling, International Riesling Challenge 2008
- Trophy - 2006 Cabernet Merlot, NSW Small Winemakers Awards 2008
- Trophy - 2006 Cabernet Merlot, National Cool Climate Wine Show 2008
- Trophy - 2006 Shiraz Cabernet, Riverina Wine Show 2008
- Trophy - 2004 Cabernet Merlot, NSW Wine Awards 2007
- Trophy - 2004 Cabernet Sauvignon, NSW Wine Awards 2007
- Trophy - 2004 Cabernet Sauvignon, Brisbane Fine Wine Festival 2007
- Trophy - 2004 Cabernet Shiraz, Australian Boutique Wine Awards 2007
- Trophy - 2004 Cabernet Shiraz, Winewise Small Vigneron Awards 2007
- Top 100 Blue Gold Medal - 2008 Semi Sweet Riesling, Sydney International Wine Competition 2009
- Double Gold - 2012 Winemakers Selection Cabernet Shiraz, China Wine & Spirits Awards Best Value 2014
- Top Gold Medal - 2009 Premium Cabernet Sauvignon, Australian Small Winemakers Show 2011
- Blue Gold - 2009 Premium Merlot, Sydney International wine Competition 2011